Part Time Program Manager Sought
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Colorado is seeking a part-time Program Management Trainee for 20 hours per week. This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all inquiries; conducting volunteer and child enrollment and matching; providing ongoing match support and reporting, to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and adhering to Big Brother Big Sisters one-to-one child advocacy standards. Candidate will be required to drive once per week to support our program in Pagosa Springs. Position reports to the Program Director. Non-Profit background not required but a passion to help kids is. Must have clean driving record and pass a background check. Wages are $16.50/hr which includes a mileage compensation for the once per week trip. Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced organization and computing a must. and BBBS is an EOE. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For a full description of this position www.bbig.org/careers
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all inquiries; conducting volunteer and child enrollment and matching; providing ongoing match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and adhering to Big Brother Big Sisters one-
to-one standards. Position reports to the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate in recruitment of volunteers and children in the community.
- Deliver consistent, effective and excellent customer service in a respectful manner.
- Conduct background and reference checks for volunteers. Enter all pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timeline of information.
- Process volunteer and child applicants from inquiry through interview and matching.
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Schedule and conduct volunteer orientation and training. Facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer’s and child’s schedules.
- Provide professional and timely match support through telephone and in person contact.
- Ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible.
- Maintain written and statistical documentation in a professional and timely manner. Support each match participant to ensure positive youth development experience for youth and successful and satisfying experience for volunteer.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction. Utilize Strength of Relationship (SoR) tool and Annual Evaluation (POE) to assess match impact on child.
- Provide timely and comprehensive written summaries of all contacts.
- Represent BBBS in a professional manner in the community and office.
- Implement and supervise all activities for matches, including school based program supervision if assigned to school based programming.
- Conduct exit interviews with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, donors, and in other volunteer capacities.
- Work days, evenings and/or weekends as needed.