Location: Durango, CO – Open Until Filled
Overall responsibility for the BBBS programs. Serve as team member. Position includes case management responsibilities, recruitment, community outreach, public relations and fundraising. Will work independently and in cooperation with all other staff and board from BBBS SW CO. Send confidential cover letter and resume to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program / Case Management
- Actively recruit volunteers
- Interview and screen potential volunteers, including conducting an in-depth interview, background checks and checking references in accordance with BBBS standards
- Provide training and consistent on-going support for volunteers
- Interview children and parents to assess program fit.
- Maintain consistent communications with volunteers, children and parents in accordance with BBBS standards. Purpose of on-going contact is to ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible (any problems or barriers of the match will be brought to the attention of the Executive Director).
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Maintains written and statistical documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor and document all elements of match support and supervision including, but not limited to, comprehensive written summaries of all contacts.
- Support each match participant to ensure positive youth development experience for youth and successful and satisfying experience for volunteer.
- Administer BBBS program evaluation tools, assess findings and implement actions as dictated by the findings.
- Conduct exit interviews in person when possible or by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- Support program staff through training, monitoring, and assistance to implement programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships throughout the community.
- Steward and track individual and business donors.
- Help manage and carry out special events and cause-related marketing efforts to benefit the agency, i.e. Bowl for Kids’ Sake.
- Write and submit occasional press releases to the media
- Write and distribute a monthly e-newsletter for Bigs and Parents
- Promote agency within the community through presentations to local clubs and organizations, participation in local events, etc.
- Public Speaking engagements to recruit and educate the public
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Performs duties in compliance with National standards and BBBS SW CO policies, procedures and practices.
- Represents BBBS SW CO in a professional manner in the community and office.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Lifting of a minimum of 40 pounds may be required
- Work requires use of computers and the need to work in front of a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Work may require participation in indoor/outdoor activities.
- Must be able to climb stairs to get to the office space
- Must be comfortable with performing presentations and public speaking.
- Must have the willingness and ability to work with and communicate effectively with children, their parents, and adult volunteers.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with School District, managers, co-workers, and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, responsible and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. In lieu of BA, you must have five years of related experience.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have competency and skills using Google Drive and Google Docs, Sheets, and the Internet.
- Must have experience in program management.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License and proper vehicle insurance.
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Colorado, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is an integral part of our values and mission. We recognize, affirm, and celebrate the diverse backgrounds, lives, and experiences of all of our stakeholders, including youth, families, donors, volunteers, and staff. We ensure the opportunity for all voices and perspectives to be heard and honored. In the workplace, we foster an environment where all people can be their best selves. We affirm that every person [regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, marital or veteran status] has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We strive to realize the full potential that is within all of us by ensuring that all voices and perspectives are heard and honored.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity BBBS SW Colorado strives to make all personnel decisions without regard to race, creed, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. All employees are expected to actively support these principles and objectives in our work environment and with others with whom we come into contact.